Windows won't boot - 0xc0000225

User discussion forum for items related to technology in general.
ohaya

Windows won't boot - 0xc0000225

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

I have BIBM 1.52 installed on my laptop, with a single boot entry for Windows 10.

I had done Check for Update on my Windows 10 laptop and there were some updates, so I told it to do the updates. However it appeared that the updating got stuck, so I rebooted the machine.

It booted into BIBM, and then tried to start Windows, but then I get a blue page which shows code 0xc0000225.

Has anyone had something like that happen? How can I fix it so that it can start Win 10 again?

Thanks,
Jim
ohaya

Re: Windows won't boot - 0xc0000225

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

FYI, in BIBM if I select the Windows partition I can click BCD Edit, and I see that.

Also looking at the partition properties in BIBM, it looks like the partition only has ~700MB space left, so it may be pretty full. Could that have caused the problem I am having (i.e., if the updates had filled up the partition)?

Jim
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

Also, I looked at a couple of other Windows 10 partitions on my other machines, and on the Windows partitions, the "bootable" flag in the partition was always checked. But it looks like the "bootable" flag on the Windows partition on the machine that won't boot to Windows is unchecked.

Could THAT be causing the problem?

FYI, that checkbox is grayed out, so is there a way to change it to checked?

Jim
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

does it tell you the driver or issue?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubl ... -not-found
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

No it didn't.

I have since made a troubleshooting disk using the media creation too, and tried the recovery, but the system still wouldn't reboot Windows.

I found that I had made a .tbi backup in 2019, so I did the restore using BIBM and it is now booting again.

I have the feeling that the last Windows update had filled up the partition and that caused the crash. Thank goodness for BIBM backup!

I am cleaning things up now and will do a new backup afterwards.

Thanks,
Jim