Convert TBI to VHDX

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
rekster

Convert TBI to VHDX

Post by rekster »

I'm working on a server remotely that I can't gain physical access to for a while. I have access to the TBI backup files, and was hoping to convert one to VHDX so I can temporarily launch an old state of the server in a VM to check some settings.

Is there any way I can convert TBI to VHDX?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Convert TBI to VHDX

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

If it's Windows you should be able to use the TBOSDT copyp2v.tbs script to convert it. Otherwise, you can do a normal restore to a .vhdx file, but you would likely need to manually do any fix-ups if you intend to run it.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

you can also use TBIHD and use a VM that allows access to actual drives, like hyper-v, then boto from that (if doesn't boot, may need to run osdtool.tbs on it to change storage drivers).
rekster

Post by rekster »

Thank you both for getting back to me, great to have options. I just created an empty VHDX file and was able to restore directly into it, wasn't aware I could do this. In my case I was lucky, it booted the first time in Hyper-V without issue and I was able to get the information I needed. (I had to use Generation 2 in this particular case due to UEFI). I'm curious about TBIHD now so I'm going to try that out just to see if it will work for future needs.

All the best and thanks again.