Running IFL changed boot option in BIOS

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
rustleg

Running IFL changed boot option in BIOS

Post by rustleg »

I have BIBM1.56 running on a PC in legacy MBR mode. The PC is capable of UEFI but the motherboard is a few years old and I don't need UEFI. I boot into one of 3 systems: Windows 10, Linux Mint 19.3, IFL 3.39 on a SSD. Each time I run IFL and reboot, the system changes to booting from the SSD in a UEFI mode and just re-runs IFL bypassing BIBM, so I have to reboot to BIOS and change the boot option back to non-UEFI on the same drive which then boots properly in to BIBM. Has this been seen before? Would a later version of either BIBM or IFL fix it?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Running IFL changed boot option in BIOS

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

That could be due to the BIOS picking UEFI over Legacy because it sees the files. You could try renaming the EFI folder on your IFL partition so the BIOS can't see it. Otherwise, if you're not wanting (or needing) to boot any UEFI devices, you could disable UEFI booting in the BIOS.
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

Deleting the EFI folder on the IFL partition solved this problem for me.
rustleg

Post by rustleg »

Many thanks Bob - it worked for me too.
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

Bob Coleman wrote:
> Deleting the EFI folder on the IFL partition solved this problem for me.

This is, of course, not that much different than Paul's advice to rename the folder. All the credit goes to him who previously suggested deleting folder to me. I just wanted to offer confirmation that his approaches work. It belatedly occurred to me that it might look like I was somehow disagreeing which was certainly not my intent.
rustleg

Post by rustleg »

My thanks to you both.