BIU and copy partition

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
grisu70

BIU and copy partition

Post by grisu70 »

Hi,
was a great fan of BIBM , and now needed to switch to BIU, and the migration is not so easy (at least for me).
I tried t read some posts , but i can't find a solution.
i have 2 different GPT disks, each of them with their efi partition, and a working copy of windows 10.
I need to copy the second copy of windows 10 from disk 2 to disk 1.
this is what i did :
1) Installed BIU on the first disk with default value and autoimatically it created the boot entry for its windows 10
2) gone to partition maintenance copied the NTFS partition from disk 2 to disk 1, while copying i choos to add the entry to boot edit
3) once the copy finished, the boot entry has not been automatically created (1st problem)
looking around on the forum i found a possible solution
i wen to scripting, gone to EFI partition, create a folder called Microsoft.002 , copy the content of Microsoft.001
go to boot entry, add the new entry, point to the new Microsoft.002 folder for efi
then go to the partition work, click on efi and edit bcd store
point all existing partition of first windows 10 partition , to the 2nd copy copy windows 10 partition.
trying to boot and .... the system do not boot hung,no disk activity

rebooting and choosing the 1st partition, i mamanage to boot on first windows 10.

Any suggestion ?

tks in advance
FAbrizio
Brian K

Re: BIU and copy partition

Post by Brian K »

FAbrizio,

Try this. Delete the EFI system partition on your second SSD. Redo the BCD Edit. Does the second Win10 boot now?
grisu70

Post by grisu70 »

Tks for reply.
It did not worked.
I solved deleting the Microsoft.002, and redo all the steps

Fabrizio
Eric

Post by Eric »

You could also use the fixboot.tbs script.