How to boot to my BIBM usb stick?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
schmibble

How to boot to my BIBM usb stick?

Post by schmibble »

I'm trying to use BIBM on a Win10 machine for the first time (el cheapo Acer Spin 3 laptop). I never install BIBM/Image on my machines; I always use Terabyte from bootable media. Never had a problem booting until now, but Win10 simply ignores my usb stick. In the bios I've put "USB FDD" and "USB HDD" first in boot order, even ahead of Windows Boot manager; no dice. When I do Shift-restart and boot to the boot menu, the only option is Windows Boot Manager, so there's nothing I can do.

Ho do I get this goofy little system to recognize my boot media? All I want to do is create a danged partition!
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: How to boot to my BIBM usb stick?

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

It's likely using UEFI booting and BIBM only supports Legacy booting. If that's the case, you'd need to switch to Legacy booting if the BIOS supports it (and switch back to UEFI booting before booting Windows) or use boot media that supports UEFI booting (e.g. BIU, IFL, TBWinRE).
TeraByte Support

Re: How to boot to my BIBM usb stick?

Post by TeraByte Support »

Or some will support both modes Legacy or UEFI, enable legacy booting,
when booting GPT it boots UEFI, when non-GPT boots legacy.

On 1/8/2020 9:58 PM, TeraByte Support (PP) wrote:
> It's likely using UEFI booting and BIBM only supports Legacy booting. If that's the case, you'd need to switch to Legacy booting if the BIOS supports it (and switch back to UEFI booting before booting Windows) or use boot media that supports UEFI booting (e.g. BIU, IFL, TBWinRE).
>
>