Screen capture in BootitUEFI

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
pauld58

Screen capture in BootitUEFI

Post by pauld58 »

Hi All,
I've been using this brilliant software for a many years now and have a large number of GPT HDD's (12) with several partitions on each! I'd like to find a better method of keeping track of them than taking a picture of each partition work screen. I recall that in BootitNG and BootitBM the option of sending a screen dump to the A: drive using F12 was extremely useful. Does anyone know how I can do this with BIU without a floppy drive? Or is there even an F12 option anymore (this functionality isn't mentioned in the BIU manual or anywhere else in the forum but the manual does show the sort of screen captures I would like)?
Hope someone can point me in the right direction because even though I'm an advanced user I'm stumped!
Christmas greetings from the UK
Paul
TeraByte Support

Re: Screen capture in BootitUEFI

Post by TeraByte Support »

If you just want your partitions, you can use partinfo. Launch
partinfg.exe and then export out a report.

Otherwise, you can use the digital camera.

On 12/19/2019 11:57 AM, pauld58 wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've been using this brilliant software for a many years now and have a large number of GPT HDD's (12) with several partitions on each! I'd like to find a better method of keeping track of them than taking a picture of each partition work screen. I recall that in BootitNG and BootitBM the option of sending a screen dump to the A: drive using F12 was extremely useful. Does anyone know how I can do this with BIU without a floppy drive? Or is there even an F12 option anymore (this functionality isn't mentioned in the BIU manual or anywhere else in the forum but the manual does show the sort of screen captures I would like)?
> Hope someone can point me in the right direction because even though I'm an advanced user I'm stumped!
> Christmas greetings from the UK
> Paul
>
>

Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Another method is to use TBOSDT in Windows...

list hd 0 /f /u /w /s

You can copy/paste the output into a text file.

list hd 1 /f /u /w /s

list hd 2 /f /u /w /s

etc
Eric

Post by Eric »

The TBEXPLO script has a partition manager in it. You can use it from Windows and manage your HD from there (or do screen shots).
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

IFL GUI (which includes Partition Work) can also save screenshots:
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=599
pauld58

Post by pauld58 »

Brilliant replies all. Many thanks for all your feedback. I have had a play with them and have settled on Eric's reply :D . I didn't realise the TB scripting was so powerful - when I run TBEXPLO from a Windows shortcut it gives me all the info I need, even the make/model of the drive. I have even managed to copy and paste the output to Word and by tweaking the formatting/font gives me a perfect report. Thank you Terabyte for a really excellent set of tools. Have a great festive season.
Eric

Post by Eric »

You're welcome!