IFW and Win 10

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
johnstrasser

IFW and Win 10

Post by johnstrasser »

Hi Folks,

I have one friend that REFUSES to leave windows for linux :cry: . He's been using IFW for years on his old Win7 system and so now as I'm setting up his new computer I just bought, downloaded, and installed the latest bundle for him (albeit I didn't install Bootit).

I've disabled as much as I could, including fast start and hibernate.

Anything else I need to be aware of before I do the first full backup (for example should I be using VSS rather than Phylock)? It's Windows 10 after all, and since I'm NOT familiar I figured I'd check here with the experts.

I haven't even activated windows yet. Once I get the backup done I'll connect it to the network.

Thanks
TeraByte Support

Re: IFW and Win 10

Post by TeraByte Support »

Just use the defaults and you should be good.

On 10/29/2019 10:47 AM, johnstrasser wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have one friend that REFUSES to leave windows for linux
>
> ![:cry:]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cry.gif)
>
> . He's been using IFW for years on his old Win7 system and so now as I'm setting up his new computer I just bought, downloaded, and installed the latest bundle for him (albeit I didn't install Bootit).
>
> I've disabled as much as I could, including fast start and hibernate.
>
> Anything else I need to be aware of before I do the first full backup (for example should I be using VSS rather than Phylock)? It's Windows 10 after all, and since I'm NOT familiar I figured I'd check here with the experts.
>
> I haven't even activated windows yet. Once I get the backup done I'll connect it to the network.
>
> Thanks
>
>

johnstrasser

Re: IFW and Win 10

Post by johnstrasser »

Thank you Sir. As always I appreciate it