Cannot Delete Files -- Windows 7

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Bob Coleman

Re: Cannot Delete Files -- Windows 7

Post by Bob Coleman »

Ernie,

Do you really want the function of Protectit?

From what I understand about Protectit, which isn't much, I think it "protects" only a specifically named folder. I wonder if you could just rename the folder if you don't care about Protectit.

I also wonder if you can somehow uninstall Protectit? Uninstall the Terabyte suite, then reinstall without Protectit selected?

Just ideas. I don't really know the answers.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Bob Coleman wrote:
>
> I also wonder if you can somehow uninstall Protectit? Uninstall the
> Terabyte suite, then reinstall without Protectit selected?
>

Bob, that's what I did. It works. I don't use the TeraByte_TBI_Backups folders so ProtectIt wasn't helping me.
StargateCOlorado

Post by StargateCOlorado »

Are you guys running in Simple Mode? I assumed, maybe falsely, that Simple Mode expected everything in the default folder.

I also suspect that if I stop ProtectIt, it will simply start up again then next time I boot.

This may all be a moot point for me; I've ordered another drive that will be dedicated to IFW. If ProtectIt still proves to be a nuisance, I'll rename the folder.

--Ernie
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

StargateCOlorado wrote:
> Are you guys running in Simple Mode?

No, I prefer Traditional Mode. The default backup folder for Simple Mode images is TeraByte_TBI_Backups. I don't think you can change this.
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

Ernie,

I don't use Simiple Mode either. I'd even forgotten it exists.

You mentioned above that you don't have the issue that started this thread on one system because you haven't installed version 3.16 on that system.

I was planning to say today that Protectit is not part of IFW per se and that you can choose during installation whether or not to install Prorectit.

Now that you've mentioned Simple Mode it occurs to me that maybe that's only true if not installing in Simple Mode. I don't know if that's the case or not.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

When installing IFW 3.16 there is a checkbox for ProtectIt. If you tick this box then ProtectIt will be installed even if you don't use Simple Mode.
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

Brian K wrote:
> When installing IFW 3.16 there is a checkbox for ProtectIt. If you tick
> this box then ProtectIt will be installed even if you don't use Simple
> Mode.

I know. What I don't know is whether Protectit can NOT be installed if using Simple Mode.