Bootable ISO of IFL

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
P19

Bootable ISO of IFL

Post by P19 »

I have purchased a fully registered version of the 3.x Suite. When I downloaded it, I got a zip file containing what appears to be two different Windows installation programs, one for CUI and the other for GUI. I assume that installing one of them on a Windows OS (i.e., Server 2012 R2) would allow me to create a bootable USB for running, say, the IFL GUI. However, I would prefer not to install this program in Windows, but to create the IFL GUI application from an ISO file, if at all possible, by utilizing, for example, UNetbootin, which itself can be run without installation. So, is there a way for me to create the bootable USB with IFL GUI without actually installing this application to the OS? Thanks.
Brian K

Re: Bootable ISO of IFL

Post by Brian K »

P19 wrote:
So, is
> there a way for me to create the bootable USB with IFL GUI without actually
> installing this application to the OS? Thanks.

P19,

Sure. Go to your download page and download either the net or no-net version of IFL...

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php

Image for Linux V3.13 GUI Version
..English Download
..English (no-net) Download

Unzip and run makedisk.exe. Make a UFD.
P19

Post by P19 »

Awesome! It worked perfectly. I do appreciate the tip, Brian.

So, that brings me to my next question. I hope it is okay to change the subject on the fly, but if this topic has been explained elsewhere, kindly direct me to that discussion. If need be, can IFL version 3.x restore backup images made with IFL 2.x? Generally speaking, to what extent is there compatibility between these two versions? I have some older backups, to which I would not want to lose access until I am confident that those of the newer version function properly. Take care.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The 3.x versions support the 2.x image files. The 2.x versions don't normally support any images created with 3.x.