Advanced Searching functionality in this forum

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
timg11

Advanced Searching functionality in this forum

Post by timg11 »

I'm posting here since there isn't a "general forum issues" section.

I'm unable to use advanced search to search on the phrase "Windows 10". Even with quotes, it searches on the term "Windows", and ignores the "10".

I tried using Google search with the phrase: "windows 10" site:terabyteunlimited.com
but that also did not return usable results.

Through the process of browsing, I found several threads that did contain the phrase "Windows 10", so they are present, but apparently not searchable.

I'm sure you can see why people would want to search for "Windows 10" and not just "Windows". Is there another way to accomplish this type of search?
Muad'Dib

Re: Advanced Searching functionality in this forum

Post by Muad'Dib »

Ancient thread, but still a valid topic. This is a common problem with this brand of forum software (no way to specify a verbatim search).

One work-around is to use an alternative 'spelling' and hope that the user either accidentally or intentionally entered the alternative somewhere in their post. For example, in the advanced search box screen, type windows10 w10 win10 and choose the "Search for any terms" option. Or you can type (windows10|w10|win10) in the "normal" search box in the upper right corner of the forum screen (be sure to include both the parentheses and the vertical bars to separate the terms).

Today this search resulted in 335 matches (including some where the author used "Windows 10" in the topic, but later referred to it as Win10, so it was found).