Vista restore failed

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
rustleg

Vista restore failed

Post by rustleg »

I'm trying to restore a Vista system which I imaged many years ago. It has a hard drive of about 150GB so I had shrunk C and created a data drive which has the image on. There's also a 8GB manufacturer recovery partition at the front of the disc which I always ignored. When I tried to boot the restored partition it gave me a blue screen with some codes on it but it flashed on and off before it could be read and bounced me to a notice that Windows failed to load and try a startup repair which failed.

If it is relevant, I would add that the image was taken with a very early version of IFD when .TBI files were pretty new so I don't know if they can be restored by the latest IFD (1.36a) but I had assumed so. The system is MS Vista 32 bit.

I don't know anything about boot files but I have come across mentions of things like BCD edit, boot.ini, geometry, etc and am in the dark as to what to try.
Brian K

Re: Vista restore failed

Post by Brian K »

Russell,

Can you confirm the 150 GB HD is still in the original computer. Or have you installed the HD in a newer computer?
rustleg

Re: Vista restore failed

Post by rustleg »

Yes it's the same computer, the hardware hasn't changed at all. It dates from around 2008.