USB+ button missing

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
terabite

USB+ button missing

Post by terabite »

Hello. I'm using versions 2.99 of Image for Windows for creating drive images and Image for Linux for restoring them. Everything works fine, except when I want to install IFL on a USB thumb drive larger than 64 GB. According to the user manual, when I run MakeDisk, in order to make the drive appear in the list of available target drives, I have to click the USB+ button, which is shown in the documentation but does not appear on the dialog box for me. How do I make the USB+ button appear?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: USB+ button missing

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

For the version of MakeDisk that's included with 2.99 you need to specify the "/nousblimit" parameter when you run it. You could create a shortcut or run it from the command line: makedisk /nousblimit
terabite

Post by terabite »

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did notice that command line option mentioned in the documentation, but I was hoping to get the button displayed, as that would be faster. So has the button been removed or is there something special I need to do in order to have it show up?
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

the button is new.

"terabite" wrote in message news:13355@public.image...

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did notice that command line option
mentioned in the documentation, but I was hoping to get the button
displayed, as that would be faster. So has the button been removed or is
there something special I need to do in order to have it show up?

terabite

Post by terabite »

Do you mean that the button was introduced with version 3 but it's not found in version 2.99?
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

If the drive size is the issue, I wonder if one of the apps to split one flash drive into multi disks would be a work around.
terabite

Post by terabite »

To clarify: The drive size isn't an issue in the sense of there not being enough room for the image file, because the drive itself is plenty big. The drive being *larger* than 64 GB is of course the problem that the USB+ button is to solve. I just don't understand why the USB+ button is not displayed.
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

That's what I meant, splitting a large drive into smaller ones might bypass the button issue. I see there are apps to make a drive appear as smaller multiples.
terabite

Post by terabite »

I see. In this case, it is limited to one USB thumb drive. It has plenty of space for the drive image, but I just want to understand why I am not seeing the USB+ button when the documentation clearly states that it should be there.
terabite

Post by terabite »

Also, if the drive does not appear in the list of available target drives, then multiple drives and splitting are of no help. That's why I'm asking about the USB+ button.