WIN 10 BOOT MENU

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
TimB48

WIN 10 BOOT MENU

Post by TimB48 »

I have recently had a problem, necessitating running checkdisk on each of my 3 hard drives. I have not had to restore Bootit BM but when I select my OS of choice it goes straight through to the Win 10 OS selection menu instead of directly into the OS I had selected in Bootit BM. I have read of this problem before but cannot remember or find the solution. Any suggestions please.
mashedmitten

Re: WIN 10 BOOT MENU

Post by mashedmitten »

Happens when you forget to re-activate BIBM on first restart after OS install, lets Windows Boot Mgr. get ahold of the MBR.

Can't recall where I fixed it, I believe you have to hit Add in Boot Edit and see if there are double entries for each boot partition. One will be BIBM and the other, Windows. You can re-set the boot path to the BIBM entry and it should work. I can't recall if it's a good idea to delete any entries like the Windows ones without consequences.

I think when it happened to me I just wiped the disk and started over in the end. Had images of all OS's and just set everything up in BIBM.