NTLDIR is Missing, ctl alt delete

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
ronk

NTLDIR is Missing, ctl alt delete

Post by ronk »

I got the ntdlr message, but only on one of my laptops when booting to a 'makedisk' IFL 3.03 gui nonet usb. Does it make a difference if created on a 64bit OS and used to boot IFL on a 32 bit OS. I was able to boot with a IFL 2.75 stick successfully to the same laptop.
Brian K

Re: NTLDIR is Missing, ctl alt delete

Post by Brian K »

Ron,

The 64-bit OS should not matter. Do you get the error with a 3.05 IFL?

Which OS is on that computer?
ronk

Re: NTLDIR is Missing, next Missing OS

Post by ronk »

windows 10 build 14393. It was IFL 3.03. Tried IFL 3.05 from makedisk, option w/partition on the usb stick. Now get 'missing operating system' when attempting to boot from the stick. Yet I can boot from my older 2.75 stick no problem. I had first tried makedisk no partition, but it wasn't even recognized to boot from it. So I'm puzzled why having issue with IFL v3.

Also tried makedisk with UEFI partition....then get 'error loading OS'. Appears v3 will not boot from usb stick with the T510 laptop....why?
:cry:

Whoops; finally! Tried 'no partition' makedisk; and this time worked...Must have skipped by the usb stick my first attempt. This time used F12 to make sure bootlist was displayed first. Looks good!
Curious though why had to use this option for the first time with v3.

Ron
ronk

Post by ronk »

One last comment/question: with the gui nonet IFL 3.05 (and before) what is the meaning of the multiple icons which appear at the top of the first GUI screen?
Ron
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

ronk wrote:
> the meaning of the multiple icons which appear at the top of the first GUI
> screen?

They represent the number of CPU Logical processors. See Task Manager, Performance, CPU.