Simple Imaging and Restore wanted

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
wizzleme

Simple Imaging and Restore wanted

Post by wizzleme »

(I started another topic since it's not directly related to the previous post-bootit bm cannot find install partition.)

I successfully installed bootitbm on the d:(data) partition on my one drive lenovo laptop. All four partitions are used now. c:boot, d:recover(lenovo) d:data and bootitembr.

I just want to image my c:(win7boot) and d: partitions in the event windows becomes non-functional I can quickly restore either partition selectively/independently.

Big changes from when I used to use the simple bootitng program which you could do this quickly within the program. Now you have to wait for another program to load image for dos with a bunch of complicated options and deal with various backup options.

Can I accomplish what I want to do (above) within bootitbm using image for dos? As quickly and easily as I did when using bootitng? I just want to image two partitions, c: and d: on a one drive system and restore them in case of broken OS.

Can I do that with Image for dos within bootitbm? I don't want to mess with incremental, differential and all that. I don't want to image the entire drive as it takes too long to restore and I just want to selectively restore either the boot or data partition.

Please let me know if this can be done. It appears the option of using bios to do the imaging is the one I want, correct?
wizzleme

Re: Simple Imaging and Restore wanted

Post by wizzleme »

Ok, reread the ifd manual and imaged the c: partition. TBI view opens the files so the image is good. Only question I have is whether or not the restore will be as easy/trouble free as it was with bootitng. Thanks.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

wizzleme wrote:
>Only question I have is whether or not the
> restore will be as easy/trouble free as it was with bootitng.

wizzleme,

The IFD method is different but it is better than the BING method.
mjnelson99

Post by mjnelson99 »

I usually use IFL since it has more options than IFD.
Mary

On 12/3/2016 2:12 AM, Brian K wrote:
> wizzleme wrote:
> >Only question I have is whether or not the
>> restore will be as easy/trouble free as it was with bootitng.
>
> wizzleme,
>
> The IFD method is different but it is better than the BING method.
>
>