Quick V3 Notes

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
TeraByte Support

Quick V3 Notes

Post by TeraByte Support »

Quick notes for existing V2 user moving to version 3.

1) Program Folder Location is Different

The biggest difference for existing scheduled tasks, scripts and the like is the location of the .exe.

For example, the x86 V2 default location on was:
"c:\program files\terabyte unlimited\image for windows\v2"

The new V3 default location is:
"c:\program files\terabyte drive image backup and restore suite"

2) PHYLock location is shared.

If you uninstall V2 after installing V3 it will remove PHYLock. There is no need to reboot here, just reinstall version 3, again no need to reboot since the PHYLock driver is the same (that is the only reason for the reboot requirement).

If you install V2 after V3 is installed, the PHYLock version will be replaced. It's recommended to not install PHYLock with the V2 installation. If you end up uninstalling V3, PHYlock will be removed and V2 must be reinstalled.
rseiler

Re: Quick V3 Notes

Post by rseiler »

OK, good, so really, v3 can be installed and kept on the system side-by-side with v2. Later, when you want to decommission v2, just uninstall it and note the need to refresh the v3 install if using PHYLock.

BTW, are those four new "MT" switches in the new manual? It may be a failure of my PDF reader's search function, which has been a little unpredictable before in some cases.
timg11

Post by timg11 »

If I want to choose a shorter install path such as "c:\program files\terabyte", will the installer be smart enough to install updates to that same location automatically? Or will I have to remember to manually set the install location with every new version?
timg11

Post by timg11 »

I went ahead and tried the install.

I notice it is installing into C:\Program Files (x86) on my 64 bit system. Isn't the convention for 64 bit programs to install into C:\Program Files ?
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

Yes, but very few programs are 64-bit. Is this one? When it's active in Task Manager, does it have (32-bit) next to it?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

IFW installs by default into the "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder. However, there are both x86 and x64 versions of the programs (imagew.exe, imagew64.exe, etc.).
timg11

Post by timg11 »

Paul,

I installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte" because I wanted shorter paths in scripts. Upon completion, I have IFW at "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte\imagew64.exe"

Unfortunately I also have "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\TBIView" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro"

I ran the IFW installer again, and it does seem to remember "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte" as the install location.
It would be helpful if all the Terabyte tools would install to the same path "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte", and not just IFW.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You would need to run those installers separately to set the paths. There are options to do this in the IFW installer (show the setup wizards), but you'd probably need to uninstall and reinstall to use them.
timg11

Post by timg11 »

IMHO, if the user specifies a custom folder for the primary application in the suite, it is reasonable to assume that it would be the desired folder for all of the programs.