Dead USB Mouse/Keyboard

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
bbearren

Dead USB Mouse/Keyboard

Post by bbearren »

I can boot into BBM but can only see the display; mouse and keyboard are dead. I've tried the fixes in the boot media setup, but no combination seems to work. My motherboard is an Intel DH87MC UEFI, and I'm booting into Legacy with UEFI disabled.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Dead USB Mouse/Keyboard

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Were they working before and now not working? Or have they never worked on that system?

You could check for a BIOS update -- it may provide better BIOS USB support. Also check the Legacy USB options (they should be enabled). If there are other USB devices you could try disconnecting them so only the mouse and keyboard are connected (or just the keyboard). Try a different keyboard/mouse -- some work better than others. Try different USB ports (many boards have multiple controllers and one may work better).
bbearren

Re: Dead USB Mouse/Keyboard

Post by bbearren »

I finally got the keyboard working, and that was enough for what I wanted to do. I had a slide/film scanner plugged into USB and had forgotten that it is seen as a storage device because it has a SD card reader. Once I unplugged that, the keyboard came alive again. It had worked fine previously, and that scanner was the only thing different from the last time I used BBM.