Using Windows 10 for a couple of days as a former MacOS user

User discussion forum for items related to technology in general.
zackxoxo

Using Windows 10 for a couple of days as a former MacOS user

Post by zackxoxo »

To make things clear: I am not new to Windows: I have used Windows for years before leaving it behind because I got a MacBook Pro instead. I was born in 1996 and the first computer I used was one with Windows 2000 installed on it. I played Fredd Fish and The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse which was the coolest thing on earth for me at that time. The PC was a written off unit from my dads workplace at IBM Belgium. That PC was replaced by an Acer tower with windows XP, which unfortunately died when we tried to upgrade it to Vista. Afterwards we only had used Thinkpads (again from my dads workplace) with Vista and Windows 7 installed on them.

I really liked Windows 7. The colours, Aero, how well and responsive it worked. It was really great and I loved using it for games or even schoolwork (at that time, my school still used windows XP).
Dweller

Re: Using Windows 10 for a couple of days as a former MacOS

Post by Dweller »

I have always been a Windows fan, if you will. But man I agree with the cons you mentioned. The inconsistent UI, the mess on the settings, the windows 8 square shit... I'd rather have a simple OS (w7 like), with the performance of w10. For all of that I've switched to Linux, but I still need Windows for some stuff.
LucilleM

Re: Using Windows 10 for a couple of days as a former MacOS user

Post by LucilleM »

zackxoxo wrote:
> To make things clear: I am not new to Windows: I have used Windows for
> years before leaving it behind because I got a MacBook Pro instead. I was
> born in 1996 and the first computer I used was one with Windows 2000
> installed on it. I played Fredd Fish and The Case of the Haunted
> Schoolhouse which was the coolest thing on earth for me at that time. The
> PC was a written off unit from my dads workplace at IBM Belgium. That PC
> was replaced by an Acer tower with windows XP, which unfortunately died
> when we tried to upgrade it to Vista. Afterwards we only had used Thinkpads
> (again from my dads workplace) with Vista and Windows 7 installed on them.
>
> I really liked Windows 7. The colours, Aero, how well and responsive it
> worked. It was really great and I loved using it for games or even
> schoolwork (at that time, my school still used windows XP).

The irony here is that Microsoft designers use macs themselves. So this explains a lot, because they don't have to use the fruits of their labor in daily work. I miss Windows 7 and Windows 10 just looks ugly unless you change it a lot. Its really annoying and I have been tempted to switch to mac os or linux many times over the years. I only stay on windows because it is familiar and some apps I use are not on mac os or linux