Switch to full style
User discussion forum for items related to technology in general.
Forum rules
Post a reply

QUICKEN 2017

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:23 am

Esp. for Mary:

Just got notice that Quicken 2017 is available, and it's
also time for my triennial upgrade.

At this point I see nothing as easy to use (and basically foolproof)
as Quicken, but I'll wait awhile. I have used it since 1995 (I think).

Does anyone know what's afoot with Quicken and their 'sellout?'

AlanD

Re: QUICKEN 2017

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:00 am

I haven't paid attention to Quicken for well over a decade, so I can't help you with "what's afoot" with the program, but I can mention an alternative that I've used for more than 7 years - Money Manager EX: http://www.moneymanagerex.org

It's freeware, open source and has versions that run in Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. I'm sure it's missing some features that exist in Quicken, but it's handled all my financial needs quite well. Definitely worth checking out to see if it meets your needs too.

Re: QUICKEN 2017

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:56 am

I purchased Quicken 2016 directly from Quicken on line.
It would not let me validate after numerous attempts.

I got a refund and haven't used it since. They are TOO controlling.
Mary

On 10/22/2016 3:00 AM, Muad'Dib wrote:
> I haven't paid attention to Quicken for well over a decade, so I can't help you with "what's afoot" with the program, but I can mention an alternative that I've used for more than 7 years - Money Manager EX:
>
> [
> http://www.moneymanagerex.org
> ](http://www.moneymanagerex.org)
>
> It's freeware, open source and has versions that run in Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. I'm sure it's missing some features that exist in Quicken, but it's handled all my financial needs quite well. Definitely worth checking out to see if it meets your needs too.
>
>

Re: QUICKEN 2017

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:48 pm

On 2016-10-22 10:56 AM, MJNelson wrote:
> I purchased Quicken 2016 directly from Quicken on line.
> It would not let me validate after numerous attempts.
>
> I got a refund and haven't used it since. They are TOO controlling.
> Mary
>
> On 10/22/2016 3:00 AM, Muad'Dib wrote:
>> I haven't paid attention to Quicken for well over a decade, so I can't help you with "what's afoot" with the program, but I can mention an alternative that I've used for more than 7 years - Money Manager EX:
>>
>> [
>> http://www.moneymanagerex.org
>> ](http://www.moneymanagerex.org)
>>
>> It's freeware, open source and has versions that run in Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. I'm sure it's missing some features that exist in Quicken, but it's handled all my financial needs quite well. Definitely worth checking out to see if it meets your needs too.
>>
>>
>
>
Mary,

that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

In almost 25 years of use (back to DOS days), I have never had a major
problem .

I purchase updates only every three years, and for my applications, I
find nothing to compare. I am still running 2014 version, and was going
to update to 2017, but since I hear all sorts of unhappy reports by
users of 2017 version (with new owner of Quicken)......

AlanD.


Re: QUICKEN 2017

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:47 pm

I've updated from 2016 to 2017 (R2 on CD) and it was smooth. Haven't seen
if it fixes various issues I've come across in 2016 version. It is ugly
now, has the Win8/10 look to it instead of the nicer Win7 and earlier look.


"AlanD" wrote in message news:12676@public.tech.misc...

Esp. for Mary:

Just got notice that Quicken 2017 is available, and it's
also time for my triennial upgrade.

At this point I see nothing as easy to use (and basically foolproof)
as Quicken, but I'll wait awhile. I have used it since 1995 (I think).

Does anyone know what's afoot with Quicken and their 'sellout?'

AlanD

Post a reply