Updated 10-Sep-2016 Vn 4.09 - Enhancements and bug fixes.
- The package has been adjusted to work with Image-for-Windows
version 3 (as well as version 2).
- The package has been enhanced to allow multiple copies to run
simultaneously, by implementing a simple, secure locking scheme
to ensure that updates to critical, shared control files occur
safely. (This facility is used by the next two enhancements.)
- Provided a facility to run concurrent backups from different
machines to the same backup drive or partition. Use of this
feature can reduce overall backup times. See the new 'set cms'
entry in the IFW_Env.cmd file.
- Within a TBWinPE/RE environment, added a feature which allows
simultaneous backups of several physical hard drives to a common
backup drive on the same machine. This can reduce the total
backup time for a computer. See the IFW_PeRe_Read_Me.txt file for
more information. (IFW_PeRe.cmd and some of the MyDefrag scripts
have been changed to support this feature.)
- Within a TBWinPE/RE environment, IFW_PeRe.cmd now sets the correct
'Temp' folders for later purging if required.
- Added alternative 'run after' entries ra4 & ra5 for Windows 8 and
above, to run a Windows Defender scan after a successful backup.
See these entries in the IFW_Env.cmd file for more information.
- Changed the default 'run after' entries ra4 & ra5 to not run under
a TBWinPE/RE environment, as this is not possible at present.
- Added an example 'set ray' run-after entry which can be used to
shut down or restart the computer after the backup has finished.
(This replaces the equivalent IFW 'power options' settings, which
must NOT be used.)
- Added the equivalent shut down/restart facility to IFW_PeRe.cmd
for use in a TBWinPE/RE environment. (See the IFW_PeRe_Read_Me
file for details.)
- If the display of 'set rb?' and 'set ra?' code is suppressed in
the screen window, it will also be suppressed from the log.
- Added the ability for run-after code to generate a 'warn' type
log. See the default 'set ra0' entry in the IFW_Env.cmd file.
- Changed the name of the 'early initialisation errors' log to
"IFW_Backup_Init_[computername]_[IFW_Env_name]_fail.log". It will
be created in the IFW_Backup folder if necessary, as before.
- Adjusted the 'Incorporate Old Backups' option to calculate the
minimum size of the first backup, when this option is used before
the first backup has been taken. Documentation on this has been
added to this section in the IFW_Backup_Read_Me_n.nn.txt file.
- IFW_Backup_Set_up_n.nn.exe should now add administrator rights to
shortcuts correctly when run on non-English versions of Windows,
and with Windows 10. (There may be pauses of up to 4 seconds
during this process.) If you encounter any problems with this,
please contact me at the email address under 'Warranty', or
post a message on the Terabyte Unlimited forums.
See the first post for download instructions.
Last edited by TAC109
on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.