Rotate on Count Results in Excessively Large Image

User discussion and information resource forum for scripting of TeraByte products using script lanugages such as TBScript, VBScript, Batch Files, and more.
RogueTrader

Rotate on Count Results in Excessively Large Image

Post by RogueTrader »

I've been using the Rotate on Count batch file (available from Terabyte site) for some weeks now. Every 7 days, a new base image is generated, and daily differentials for the next 6 days. The results have been quite satisfactory.

Recently however, when doing the base image, an excessively large image file is being generated. My base files run about 100GB, but this image was up to 600GB and rising before I cancelled it. It happened again the next day, same scenario.

Has anyone encountered this, or possibly have a clue as to how to correct the situation?

Thanks
RogueTrader

Re: Rotate on Count Results in Excessively Large Image

Post by RogueTrader »

I think I see what is going on now. Somehow, Disk 0 and Disk 1 flip-flopped identities...so that the script was directing that the backup drive be imaged. And that makes it large. I have an eSATA backup, and to be recognized, it has to be seen during bootup. I just need to find a reliable way to make sure it doesn't horn in in the Disk 0 identification.
TeraByte Support

Re: Rotate on Count Results in Excessively Large Image

Post by TeraByte Support »

Use the #sig or {guid} option on the /d command.

"RogueTrader" wrote in message news:8265@public.scripting...

I think I see what is going on now. Somehow, Disk 0 and Disk 1 flip-flopped
identities...so that the script was directing that the backup drive be
imaged. And that makes it large. I have an eSATA backup, and to be
recognized, it has to be seen during bootup. I just need to find a reliable
way to make sure it doesn't horn in in the Disk 0 identification.