P2V Script in IFL Environment

User discussion and information resource forum for scripting of TeraByte products using script lanugages such as TBScript, VBScript, Batch Files, and more.
userX

P2V Script in IFL Environment

Post by userX »

When I use the IFL GUI environment, there is a menu item labeled as a P2V Script, which appears to have three options available to use. I have a question about each of these options.

The first options is "To copy a Physical drive to a virtual HD file". Do I understand this option correctly in that it would allow me to copy the C drive of the machine's internal disk to a virtual HD file on an external disk attached to the same machine's USB port?

The second option is "To restore a TBI image file to a Virtual HD file". I am not sure, but it sounds as if this might allow me to take one of the whole-disk image files made using IFW or IFL, which I have stored on an external disk right now, and from it create a virtual HD file such that it would then become accessible to use with a virtual machine in, for example, VirtualBox. Is that correct?

The third option is "To make a Virtual HD file bootable". As far as I understand this, it sounds like I can convert a virtual HD file, such as one that I might have created with the procedure of the first option above, for example, into one that is bootable, and then have it stored on a flash drive or on an external disk of a USB device. Is this right?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: P2V Script in IFL Environment

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The first two options create the virtual drive (by copying or restoring) and then modify it for the VM (clean drivers, setup drivers, etc.). The modifications made depend on the type of virtual drive created.

The third option makes the Windows OS in the virtual drive bootable in the VM. Basically, it's performing the same steps that would automatically follow a copy or restore (the first two options), but on a virtual drive that was created using some other method. For example, if you previously did a normal restore to a virtual drive.