TBWinPE and no mouse

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
pptompp

TBWinPE and no mouse

Post by pptompp »

On Asus G75VW (Win 7 Home edition) created a USB stick wth IFW and all boots and processes well on the G75 except only the touchpad is recognised and not the attached USB mouse. On an ASus A52F the same stick works with both touchpad and mouse. I can also boot with no issues on 2 non-Asus machines (a Thinkpad T60 laptop as well as a PC).

Any suggestions?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: TBWinPE and no mouse

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Do the USB ports work for any USB devices? You may need to include the USB 3.0 drivers for the system in the TBWinPE build (G75VW specifications aren't listing any USB 2.0 ports).
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> Do the USB ports work for any USB devices? You may need to include the USB
> 3.0 drivers for the system in the TBWinPE build (G75VW specifications
> aren't listing any USB 2.0 ports).

The USB hub is attached with all 2.0 devices and all work. I will rebuild and include the 3.0 drivers. Thank you for reminding me all 4 USB ports are all 3.0, I will post results tomorrow
As an aside, I also uninstalled the included Synaptics software and driver but that did nothing.
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

No luck with adding drivers from those identified in Device Manager. For the record the ones added are: input.inf, msmouse.inf, oem10.inf, oem17.inf, oem18.inf, usb.inf, usbstor.inf and usbport.inf. I'm sure my selection was too simple: just copied these files from the Windows/inf folder.
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

Me bad: USB2.0 devices all work in Windows 7, but NONE do in TBwinPE. Have to get 3.O device :oops: to test ...
TeraByte Support(PP)

Yes, the drivers can't be added that way. You need to use all the driver files involved. Usually, it's easiest to use the drivers downloaded from the manufacture's website for the system. For example: Go to the ASUS website and find your model (http://www.asus.com/ROG/G75VW/), click the Support tab, then the Downloads tab (part way down screen), select the Windows 7 64-bit OS, expand the USB section, and download the Intel USB3.0 driver. Then extract the zip contents. The files you need are in the Drivers\Win7\x64 folder. Place those files into the \TBWinPE\Drivers folder for your build. In what I found, there were eight files: iusb3hub.cat, iusb3hub.inf, iusb3hub.man, iusb3hub.sys, iusb3xhc.cat, iusb3xhc.inf, iusb3xhc.man, iusb3xhc.sys. Then recreate the build.

USB 2.0 devices should work fine with USB 3.0 ports. Usually, there's no need for a USB 3.0 specific device.
DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth »

I would advise going to the chip maker's web site rather than Asus'. Asus is particularly poor at updating the drivers for the chipsets it uses.

DrT
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

> Yes, the drivers can't be added that way. You need to use all the driver files involved.
> Usually, it's easiest to use the drivers downloaded from the manufacture's website
> for the system. For example: Go to the ASUS website and find your model (http://www.asus.com/ROG/G75VW/),
> click the Support tab, then the Downloads tab (part way down screen), select the
> Windows 7 64-bit OS, expand the USB section, and download the Intel USB3.0 driver.
> Then extract the zip contents. The files you need are in the Drivers\Win7\x64 folder.
> Place those files into the \TBWinPE\Drivers folder for your build. In what I found,
> there were eight files: iusb3hub.cat, iusb3hub.inf, iusb3hub.man, iusb3hub.sys,
> iusb3xhc.cat, iusb3xhc.inf, iusb3xhc.man, iusb3xhc.sys. Then recreate the build.
>

> USB 2.0 devices should work fine with USB 3.0 ports. Usually, there's no need for
> a USB 3.0 specific device.

Extracted the drivers from Asus and, unfortunately, the build results in the same user configuration.

DrTeeth wrote:
> I would advise going to the chip maker's web site rather than Asus'. Asus is particularly
> poor at updating the drivers for the chipsets it uses.
>
> DrT

Will go to Intel for more.

Thanks to you both
TeraByte Support(PP)

Those are 64-bit drivers. Are you creating the 64-bit version of TBWinPE?

Have you tried creating a TBWinRE build? Perhaps ASUS already has the WinRE configured with the USB 3.0 drivers.
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

> Those are 64-bit drivers. Are you creating the 64-bit version of TBWinPE?
>
> Have you tried creating a TBWinRE build? Perhaps ASUS already has the WinRE configured
> with the USB 3.0 drivers.
There you are .. In step 4 of creating the TBWinPE folder I am NOT given the choice for the 64-bit version, and it seems the x86 data is used. Will investigate more.
Thanks.