TBWinPE and no mouse

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: TBWinPE and no mouse

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Make sure you're using the most current version (1.2) of TBWinPE to get the choice of 64-bit.

Did you have problems using TBWinRE? Just curious why you're using TBWinPE instead on a Windows 7 system.
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

A solution was to disable the XHCI option in the BIOS and the computer recognizes only USB 2.0 and 3.0 is off entirely. The TBWinPE build functions as it does on the other computers.
Thanks for all your help.
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> Make sure you're using the most current version (1.2) of TBWinPE to get the choice
> of 64-bit.
>
> Did you have problems using TBWinRE? Just curious why you're using TBWinPE instead
> on a Windows 7 system.
Will check the version of TBWinPE, as I would like to reenable USB 3.0 on the machine.
TBWinRE would not build: I got the message from choice (2): "The 'winre.wim' file could not be found." and stopped there.
You have been very helpful and supportive, and I appreciate it very much. I will check these posts and reply if you see fit to add comments or suggestions.
Thanks again.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Hopefully, you just need to update the TBWinPE script.

Regarding TBWinRE, it's possible that the WinRE setup on the computer is broken or missing some files. It's also possible the script is just not finding it. Do you know if booting into WinRE works on the computer? (Press F8 when starting Windows to get the "Safe Mode" menu and then select the "Repair Your Computer" option.)

Can you run the following command and post the output?
From an Administrator Command Prompt, run: bcdedit /enum all
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

> Hopefully, you just need to update the TBWinPE script.
>
> Regarding TBWinRE, it's possible that the WinRE setup on the computer is broken or
> missing some files. It's also possible the script is just not finding it. Do you
> know if booting into WinRE works on the computer? (Press F8 when starting Windows
> to get the "Safe Mode" menu and then select the "Repair Your Computer" option.)
>
> Can you run the following command and post the output?
> From an Administrator Command Prompt, run: bcdedit /enum all

As you suggested, got the latest version of TBWinPE (from here: "http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/terabyteunlimited.com/wp" - Google) and it is dated Nov. 17 2012. Ran it without adding drivers, reenabled USB 3.0 on the computer and it functions beautifully with many more options than with the earlier version.
At the same time, downloaded TBWinRE from the same site and it is dated January 26, 2013 (just a little over 2 weeks ago - can't be newer than that). Will play around with it and get back here.
Thank you again
TeraByte Support(PP)

I assume you're aware that both are available to download from their respective tutorials. TBWinRE is also included with IFW.
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

Thanks Paul - I did not pay attention carefully to the TBWinRE tutorial (I assumed it was similar enough to TBWinPE).
Downloading TBWinPE from the tutorial did not give the 64-bit option, so I searched a newer version and found the one noted.

Almost had TBWinRE running until it said there was no key in the imagew.ini file, so aborted and upon returning I received the now-familiar error.
Back to square one.

I'll post an update tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your invaluable help.
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

> Hopefully, you just need to update the TBWinPE script.
>
> Regarding TBWinRE, it's possible that the WinRE setup on the computer is broken or
> missing some files. It's also possible the script is just not finding it. Do you
> know if booting into WinRE works on the computer? (Press F8 when starting Windows
> to get the "Safe Mode" menu and then select the "Repair Your Computer" option.)
>
> Can you run the following command and post the output?
> From an Administrator Command Prompt, run: bcdedit /enum all

Can't upload BCDedit output - the extension is not allowed, but there is no extension.

Today being love's day, I'm off with fun fun with girls. Later.
TeraByte Support(PP)

You'd need to paste the output into a post.
pptompp

Post by pptompp »

Have had chattering on the DVD writer :( and I'm sending the machine back to Asus before the warranty expires. Since the topic of this thread has basically been solved, I will followup on TBWinRE in its own thread if the topic is not found on these boards. Many thanks for all your help.