IFL CD different versions?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Peabody

IFL CD different versions?

Post by Peabody »

I'm trying to do a writeup on IFW/IFL, but need some information. Apparently some programs, such as TBIView, aren't included on the IFL 2.77 trial CD. Is that because it's the trial version? Well, generally, for paid versions of both, is there any difference in the IFL CD burned from IFW and from IFL? Is TBIView included on both CDs?
TeraByte Support(TP)

Re: IFL CD different versions?

Post by TeraByte Support(TP) »

Peabody wrote:
> I'm trying to do a writeup on IFW/IFL, but need some information.
> Apparently some programs, such as TBIView, aren't included on the IFL 2.77
> trial CD. Is that because it's the trial version? Well, generally, for
> paid versions of both, is there any difference in the IFL CD burned from
> IFW and from IFL? Is TBIView included on both CDs?

Right, the trial versions don't have TBIView, and also don't have the professional version of tbosdt, or the various *.tbs scripts that are included in the registered versions.

The boot media created from the registered version of IFL provided with IFW is the same as the boot media created from the IFL stand-alone download (they come with the same ISO file). TBIView, tbosdt professional, and the *.tbs scripts are included in all registered versions.
Peabody

Re: IFL CD different versions?

Post by Peabody »

Ok, thanks very much. I was thinking that if someone wanted to settle for doing all imaging "offline" instead of from within Windows, then IFL would be all he needed. On the other hand, the price difference is so small it might make sense to get IFW anyway, just in case.