Error Accessing tbi Backup

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Av8or1ab

Error Accessing tbi Backup

Post by Av8or1ab »

Hello,

Yesterday I had a windows crash and made a backup using Image For Linux. It worked great and I was able to save my data. However, I am having an issue accessing my data using the TBI View Application. I have the backup saved on an external hard drive. I AM able to access the files inside from my Win7 x64 machine, however, I am NOT able to access them from my Win7 x32 machine. When I double click on the file, the errors are as follows:

TBIVIew - Insert media 1 containing file G:\Bakcup-10-1012-10-14-1533.tbi (This is the location of the file that was double clicked)
Pressing OK just repeats the same error, pressing cancel gives

Unable to Open file -> Error 6 opening file G:\Bakcup-10-1012-10-14-1533.tbi . This usually means the file is not accessible or the file is invalid. Ensure the file exists and the user has read permissions; Updated to the latest version of TBIView; Consider checking or replacing the system RAM.

I am logged on as administrator and the when checking the Security tab of the file properties, it is showing that I have all the options including Read. I don't think it's the version because I downloaded the installer from the site yesterday, and the system has been stable otherwise....

Oops, just fixed it. Running TBIView as administrator then browsing to the backup solved the error. I'm going to post this anyway to hopefully help someone else out who is/has had the same problem. Perhaps updating the error text to include this scenario is worth investigating.

Thanks for the great product,
Josh
ronk

Re: Error Accessing tbi Backup

Post by ronk »

Thanks for posting this. I had the errror when attempting to mount backups by right clicking on the file. Instead I needed to run tbimount.exe and right click to run 'as admin' and this resolved the issue. Definitely a Windows 7 permissions issue. I had forgotten about this problem and have only been on Win 7 for about 4 months now. I agree that the error message isn't helpful at all.

Ron