tbwinre creation error

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
KASINATH

tbwinre creation error

Post by KASINATH »

Hello I am kasinath.

i have tried recently to create tbwinre cd(option 2).I have down lioded the tbwinre zip file,extracted the directory in the J: partition.
entered my license key.(I am using image for windows 2,72 paid version). I have also changed the screen resolution setting (chgres64 -h1920 -v1080 -b32 -r60).
before running the script.(As per tutorial guidlines)

when run the script as a adminstrator with the option 2 ,it gave a error message as follows .

Please select the build mode to use from the following choices:

1- Modify the windows Recovery environment<WINRE> accessed via F8 when booting

2- Create a TBWINRE CD

3- Create a TBWINRE USB Flash Drive <UFD>

4- Exit script

Press the Number of your selection: 2

Locating WINRE image...
WINRE Location: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Recovery\WindowsRE
Finding available drive letter...
Assigning Z: to WINRE partition....

The 'winre.wim' file could not be found.

script aborted.

Press any key to continue....

My system is dell xps 8300 desktop .i7-2600.6GB RAM ,500gb hard disk. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

The disk partion structure is as follows.

First partion ---Dell OEM partion 39 MB--- no drive letter.
second partition--system recovery partition 13 Gb NTFS. no drive letter
Third system c(os)- 100GB- NTFS
fourth partion I: NTFS
fifth partition J: NTFS
I have blue ray writer and memory card slots.

I have installed WAIK 3.1(ie WAIK 3.0 with supplement) in my system.

I have used ifw linus boot cd made from ifw 2.71 version and took a full disk image backup in my Goflex disk external hard disk (before attemting 'tbwinre").

Note recently only I have isntalled 2.72 version.

From TBview of the disk image backup I could see the winre.wim file inside recovery partition and wiith in \recovery\winre directory.

Kindly help me how to go about creating the 'tbwinre cd'

kasinath
Brian K

Re: tbwinre creation error

Post by Brian K »

kasinath,

What is the file size of winre.wim in the Recovery partition?

Do you have a winre.wim in the C: drive?
KASINATH

Post by KASINATH »

Hello Mr.Brian K,
Thank you for quick response.

I donot have 'winre.wim file in my C: drive.

The file size of 'winre.wim' in Recovery partition is "191493857" bytes .As viewed from tbview of disk image of my hard drive.

I am also using 'dell loacal backup premium" edition for backup.---- for information please.

I have installed Acronis backup & restore advanced work station latest version in my system.( installed after installing IFW).

I have tried the windows 7 bacup program for system image.

kasinath

kasinath
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

I've tested the path you posted and the script should handle it. However, it may be running into some other problem. From the script output, it did find the path and assigned a letter (Z:) for access, but then didn't find the file. Can you try the following? Use Disk Management to assign a drive letter to the System Recovery Partition (you can remove the drive letter assignment using Disk Management later). Then try winre again. If it still can't find winre.wim, please enable viewing of hidden and system files (if necessary) and browse the recovery partition and verify that winre.wim exists.

Please note that it's not necessary to install the WAIK to use TBWinRE since the WAIK is not used for this build (the WAIK is required for a TBWinPE build). Also, please verify that you're setting the screen resolution correctly (I can't tell from your post if you changed the script or if you're just indicating you ran the command to make sure the options were valid). If you are using the default setup (usestartnetcmd=0) you just need to specify the desired chgres options using the screenresolution option (e.g. set screenresolution=-h1920 -v1080 -b32). Otherwise, if you are using startnet.cmd (usestartnetcmd=1), edit the startnet.cmd file and adjust the options as required. Do not change the name of the program from chgres to chgres64 (chgres is the name used when booted to the build and will be the correct 32-bit or 64-bit version). It's not necessary to specify the -r60 option since this option is ignored in WinPE.
KASINATH

Post by KASINATH »

Sir,

Thank you for your prompt reply,

As adviced by you I assigned drive letter(z) to the recovery partition then explored(open) it I could get in to recovery folder.The folder 'winre' with in the recovery folder showed as empty and i could not opened it , windows gave a message acess denied. please help .

I made a full disk image backup using IFW 2.72 and thro' tbview I could see inside recovery\winre folder there 'winre.wim file is shown as the same sixe as i gave in my first post ie 191493857 bits.

I have not tried the tbwinre scriot after i assgning a drivre letter since I could not acess the winre folder.

Note immediately I unassigned the drive letter to recovery partition. bfore going for backup.

kindly guide

kasinath
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

If you want to browse the recovery path after assigning the drive letter, open an Administrator Command Prompt and do it from there. For example, if you assign G: to the partition you would run the following command to check the contents of the path:

dir /ah g:\recovery\windowsre

You could also check the file attributes by running:

attrib g:\recovery\windowsre\*.*

In any case, do try running the winre script again after assigning the drive letter and see if it will work. The script should be able to access it properly. If it reports an error please post back with it.