PEBuilder Missing TBIView & TB OSD for BartPE

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
boomer3200

PEBuilder Missing TBIView & TB OSD for BartPE

Post by boomer3200 »

I'm pleased with Image for Windows and recommending the program to friends, but did have a snag using the PEBuilder with BartPE.

I bought version 2.71 and followed the knowledge base article to use PEBuilder for creating a BartPE plugin on my Windows XP computer. The problem was that Include TBIView, Include TBIMount, and Include Terabyte OSD tool were all greyed out as unavailable options in the PE Builder.

I did have my license information entered into the installled program and PEBuilder. The only reason I can think of that the options would not appear is that I did not install to the default locations. Instead, I installed to the following directories:

Image for Windows - C:\Program Files\Image
TBIView - C:\Program Files\Image\TBIView
OSD Tool - C:\Program Files\TB OSD Tool

The best work around I could find was the zip file containing the TBIView plugin under the free software section of the Image for Windows page (see http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downlo ... plugin.zip). Would the functionality differ from the one made with PEBuilder?

Please let me know if there is a way to properly setup TBIView, TBIMount, and TB OSD Tool with BartPE.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: PEBuilder Missing TBIView & TB OSD for BartPE

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

That download is an older script. You could place the files into the BartPE plugin folder manually.

In this example, I'll use "C:\pebuilder3110a" for the BartPE installation folder.

Make a folder in "plugin" for IFW named "ifwv2" (e.g. C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\ifwv2).

Copy the following files into the "ifwv2" folder from the IFW installation folder:
cdboot.f35
cdboot.ifd
imagew.exe

Copy the following files into the "ifwv2" folder from the TBIView installation folder:
tbimount.exe
tbimount.xp.sys (after copying, rename this file to "tbimount.sys")
tbimsc.exe
tbiview.exe

Create or use an exsiting "imagew.ini" file that contains your IFW key and place it in the "ifwv2" folder. The contents of this file will be as follows:
[License]
Key=Name Key

When you enter your name and key it will look like this:
[License]
Key=John Smith 000000-111111-222222-333333-444444-555555-666666-777777-888888-999999

After creating imagew.ini, set it Read-only if creating a BartPE flash drive instead of a BartPE CD.

Create a folder in "ifwv2" named "tbosdt" (e.g. C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\ifwv2\tbosdt).

Copy the following files into the "tbosdt" folder from the TBOSDT installed files:
drvins_1.run
drvins_2.run
inistart.tbs
osdtool.tbs
restoreg.tbs
savereg.tbs
setwindl.tbs
tbexplo.tbs
tbosdtw.exe
xp_ide.run

Note that while all of the above files are placed into the same folder for the BartPE build, you will need to get them from their various installation sub-folders.

Download the attached file (bartpe_ifw.zip) and extract the contents to the "ifwv2" folder. This will add two files ("ifw.inf" and "ifw_nu2menu.xml").

Then run pebuilder to create the BartPE build.
Attachments
bartpe_ifw.zip
BartPE IFW plugin
(961 Bytes) Downloaded 464 times
boomer3200

Re: PEBuilder Missing TBIView & TB OSD for BartPE

Post by boomer3200 »

Paul,

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to create a fully working disc with no problems based on your instructions. I really could not be more pleased with the support and the product at this point.