Synchronous command line execution?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
srynoname

Synchronous command line execution?

Post by srynoname »

When started from the command line, IFW executes asynchronous, also the GUI is shown. Is there any better command line integration of IFW? I don't really care about the GUI, but running it synchronous or at least offering the possibility to execute some user-defined post image process script would be very useful. Currently I e.g. want to run 2 imaging tasks one after each other, is there any way to do this? Thank you :-)

Edit: I am also missing a possibility to read the error code due to the asynchronous execution ):
TAC109

Re: Synchronous command line execution?

Post by TAC109 »

start /min /wait "" "C:\{path}\imagew.exe"
where {path} is the path to IFW.

The DOS Start command when used as above, will achieve what you want.

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 08:11:35 PDT, srynoname wrote:

>When started from the command line, IFW executes asynchronous, also the GUI is shown. Is there any better command line integration of IFW? I don't really care about the GUI, but running it synchronous or at least offering the possibility to execute some user-defined post image process script would be very useful. Currently I e.g. want to run 2 imaging tasks one after each other, is there any way to do this? Thank you
>
>![:-)]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif)
>
>Edit: I am also missing a possibility to read the error code due to the asynchronous execution ):
>
srynoname

Post by srynoname »

That seems to work great and I learned something new about the command line, thank you!
One question: Why do I need the "" before "C:\\imagew.exe"? I checked start /? but I couldn't find why?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

It's just a blank title for the command. If you don't include it the program thinks the path in the quotes is the title.

Code: Select all

START ["title"] [/D path] [/I] [/MIN] [/MAX] [/SEPARATE | /SHARED]
      [/LOW | /NORMAL | /HIGH | /REALTIME | /ABOVENORMAL | /BELOWNORMAL]
      [/NODE <NUMA node>] [/AFFINITY <hex affinity mask>] [/WAIT] [/B]
      [command/program] [parameters]
srynoname

Post by srynoname »

ah, ok, thank you. I missed this argument, somehow it looks like it would be optional, but I understand the problem with leaving it out.