Copying USB restore disks

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
echan101

Copying USB restore disks

Post by echan101 »

Hi is there an easy way to copy bootable USB restore sticks (without any images)? We have Image Deployment licences and created TBIrest bootable USB sticks using the TBWINRE tool, but is there an easy way to create more from an existing USB disk?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Copying USB restore disks

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Without knowing the details of your specific build and the systems you're going to be booting, here are several methods. You may be able to format the partition on the UFD using Windows and then just copy all of the files over to it. MakeDisk can be run repeatedly to create multiple flash drives once the build has completed (no need to run Builder again unless changes are required), though this may take more time than a direct Windows copy. IFW can also copy from one drive to another. Of course, when using an alternate method, make sure to check that a UFD created using that method actually boots up properly.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

I create an Entire drive image of the UFD and restore the Entire drive image to another UFD. It's not a partition restore.
echan101

Post by echan101 »

Yep that's what I ended up doing actually. I also used the Copy feature from within IFL. But I had 50 disks, and the Copy feature only allows me to select one USB drive. I wish that there were checkboxes for the Destination, so that it would copy to multiple USBs at the same time - a big time saver if it did that!
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

you can always script it.