How is drive wiping incorporated into IFW/IFL?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
timg11

How is drive wiping incorporated into IFW/IFL?

Post by timg11 »

I see from the page on CopyWipe that it is obsolete and its functions are incorporated into BIBM, IFW and IFL.

Since I can get to IFW without rebooting, how can I perform a full-drive wipe from IFW? I see the options regarding "Wipe Target Unused Sectors", but how can a wipe a drive directly, not as a part of a restore? Say I have a drive that is starting to fail and being sent in for a RMA. What is the quick process to wipe it from IFW?

I suppose I could format the drive, create an image, then restore the image with "Wipe Target Unused Sectors" but that seems like a long way around. Is there a direct "drive wipe" function like what was in CopyWipe?

PS I tried CopyWipe Windows and it reports "No Usable Hard Drives Found"
timg11

Re: How is drive wiping incorporated into IFW/IFL?

Post by timg11 »

I just did it the way I described with a "throwaway" image. 15 seconds to create image, estimated 9 hours to restore :-)
TeraByte Support

Re: How is drive wiping incorporated into IFW/IFL?

Post by TeraByte Support »

if you have IFL GUI full version with BootIt key you can use partwork or from BootIt BM boot and use "BIOS Direct" then wipe with hardware options (both partwork version have it).

The time for restore with wipe can take a while, especially if bad sectors since when it hits those it can take several minutes per sector to get past it.