Image For Linux 64bit install to Linux Mint

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
brucebne

Image For Linux 64bit install to Linux Mint

Post by brucebne »

I have to install IFL to Linux Mint.
I downloaded the latest version.
I am a registered owner of the BootIt Collection which includes IFL.
I have installed the software after installing 32bit library components.

I can run Imagel file successfully, but I do not get a prompt to enter my registration details, rather I get the prompt this is an evaluation purpose only.

How can I register IFL?
brucebne

Re: Image For Linux 64bit install to Linux Mint

Post by brucebne »

OK, I went through all procedures again, from logging into terabyte website to download upgrades, to reinstalling. This time I got a prompt for user name pwd.

However, the registration details are not being saved. I keep getting asked for them each time I open IFL.

Further, when I try to backup a partition, I get the message there are "No usable HD found"
brucebne

Post by brucebne »

OK, the registration details are now being saved. (I am not getting a prompt each time I open IFL in Linux.

I achieved this by going back even further in the installation. i.e. I reinstalled the 32 bit libraries, and then rebooted before reinstalling IFL.

However, I am still getting the message "No usable HD found" when trying to do backups.
brucebne

Post by brucebne »

OK, resolved the "No usable HD found" issue.

Explored old threads here, and it was an issue with the 'user' (me) not being part of the permissions group "disks".
A user needs this permission to get full access to all partitions on a HDD, before IFL will allow backup and restore operations.

Explanation and solution is here
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=567

I resolved the issue by adding myself to the group 'disk', with the following command in terminal
sudo adduser bruce disk
I then logged out and in to activate.