New UEFI problem

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
IHipschman

New UEFI problem

Post by IHipschman »

I created a backup of my old Windows 10 computer on optical media using Image for Windows. I am trying to restore it to a new Windows 10 UEFI computer. On the new PC I created a boot USB drive using Image for UEFI. When I booted from that I was able to see and load the optical drive and I got as far as putting in the password for my backup when I got the attached error message. I have done this same procedure before successfully but I must be doing something different this time. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (234.78 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
IHipschman

Re: New UEFI problem

Post by IHipschman »

30 people have viewed this post and no one has yet answered. I have successfully used Terabyte for backups for 15 years now and would hate have to have to start looking for a new method. Has nobody seen this problem before? I am trying to restore a backup made on an older BIOS Windows 10 computer to a new one with UEFI. I did it successfully last week, but either something has changed to I did something differently and am now getting the error message shown in the previous post. Again, the backup was created on optical media on the old BIOS computer using Image for Windows, and the Boot USB was created on the new computer using IFU. I am able to boot from the USB and get as far as selecting the backup file from the optical disk and entering the encryption password and then get the error shown. Please, can anyone help?

Thanks,
Ivan
Bob Coleman

Re: New UEFI problem

Post by Bob Coleman »

Unfortunately I can't help.

Possibly email support@terabyteunlimited.com .