IFW 32-bit vs 64-bit

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
engineerguy3809

IFW 32-bit vs 64-bit

Post by engineerguy3809 »

My OS is Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
Searched for a while under Knowledge Base, FAQ and Forum without success. If this has been asked (and probably has) please point me to the answer.

I understand that I CAN run either IFW 64-bit or 32-bit. If both will properly run on a 64-bit machine, and if they both appear to take roughly the same amount of time for execution, and if the image file is approximately the same size, and if image files can equally be restored by either version of IFW, what are the advantages (or disadvantages) of using 64-bit vs 32-bit?
TeraByte Support

Re: IFW 32-bit vs 64-bit

Post by TeraByte Support »

There are some cases where the networking items work better when
matching the OS arch, also if creating boot disk, must match OS version.

otherwise you can use either.

On 8/4/2020 7:42 PM, engineerguy3809 wrote:
> My OS is Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
> Searched for a while under Knowledge Base, FAQ and Forum without success. If this has been asked (and probably has) please point me to the answer.
>
> I understand that I CAN run either IFW 64-bit or 32-bit. If both will properly run on a 64-bit machine, and if they both appear to take roughly the same amount of time for execution, and if the image file is approximately the same size, and if image files can equally be restored by either version of IFW, what are the advantages (or disadvantages) of using 64-bit vs 32-bit?
>
>

DrTeeth

Re: IFW 32-bit vs 64-bit

Post by DrTeeth »

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 23:07:03 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support (DF)" disturbed
my reverie and wrote:

>There are some cases where the networking items work better when
>matching the OS arch, also if creating boot disk, must match OS version.
>
>otherwise you can use either.
>
>On 8/4/2020 7:42 PM, engineerguy3809 wrote:
>> My OS is Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
>> Searched for a while under Knowledge Base, FAQ and Forum without success. If this has been asked (and probably has) please point me to the answer.
>>
>> I understand that I CAN run either IFW 64-bit or 32-bit. If both will properly run on a 64-bit machine, and if they both appear to take roughly the same amount of time for execution, and if the image file is approximately the same size, and if image files can equally be restored by either version of IFW, what are the advantages (or disadvantages) of using 64-bit vs 32-bit?

As per DF's answer. I found x64 tp be more reliable in the situation
in which I uaes it so thought it pointless to have both types on hand.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** Amateurs built the Ark, but professionals built the Titanic.**