Solved Have to enter Key every boot?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Taslimdal

Solved Have to enter Key every boot?

Post by Taslimdal »

Is it normal with Image for Linux to have to enter the Key every time the computer is re booted?
I created a USB Boot drive and it makes me enter the key every time I re the boot my computer and boot from the USB Drive.
If this is so then it's a pain and I wasted my money. I might as well just use the free version if I have to go through the pain of entering a long complex number every time I use the program. I tried saving the key number in a text file but that does not work because you can't save to the USB Drive and when trying to access any external USB Drives it locks up the editor program.

Thanks
Last edited by Taslimdal on Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brian K

Re: Have to enter Key every boot?

Post by Brian K »

Hi Taslimdal,

That's not normal. You shouldn't have to enter your key at that stage. Did you correctly enter your Name and Key when you built the IFL UFD?
Taslimdal

Post by Taslimdal »

Yes I did because the program launched and allowed me to use it.
(I think I may have replied twice using the Quick Replay option so if you get multiple replies from me I apologize. I thought Quick Replay was just replying to a public post publicly)
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Taslimdal wrote:
> Yes I did because the program launched and allowed me to use it.
>
You can put anything in those fields and the UFD will still boot. I'd try again.
Taslimdal

Solved Re: Have to enter Key every boot?

Post by Taslimdal »

I solved it, I broke the number one man rule and Read the Stinkin Manual. I found the quickstart.txt file and created the ISO instead of using ISO file downloaded from the link in my Email on TeraByte's Webpage.