Sluggish Mouse in TBWinPE

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
pablo

Sluggish Mouse in TBWinPE

Post by pablo »

My Logitech mouse cursor moves very slowly when I use it in TBWinPE. I'm using IFW v3.38 for the build, but the mouse action has been slow for past versions as well. The mouse is wireless and uses a Logitech USB Unifying Receiver.

Is there a setting I can change or do I need to include mouse drivers when I create the Recovery Boot Disk?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Sluggish Mouse in TBWinPE

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You could try adding the driver (assuming it's in a format that would work), but it may already be using the default Windows driver (especially if Windows 10).

There currently isn't an option/setting to change mouse sensitivity for the build, but one could probably be added in a future version. However, you may be able to tweak it a bit manually using the BuildScript option. This worked in tests I ran in a Windows 10 TBWinRE build.

Start TBWinPE/RE Builder and open Settings. Click the Scripts tab. Check the "Use BuildScript.cmd" option, then click the "Edit" link that appears. The BuildScript.cmd file will open in Notepad. Paste the following command line into the file at the end:

reg add "HKLM\%TBWINPE_Reg_DEFAULT%\Control Panel\Mouse" /v MouseSensitivity /t REG_SZ /d "20" /f

The command will adjust the setting in the build's registry when the build is created. The "20" value is the highest (ranges from 1 to 20). If it's too fast you can try slower. The default is 10.
pablo

Post by pablo »

The Logitech driver package is an .exe file, and even after extracting it, I couldn't find an .inf file to add to the Drivers folder. Besides, pointer speed and acceleration are adjusted in a Logitech-installed user control panel.

So I used the BuildScript.cmd option and made a new TBWinPE recovery disc. A value of 20 did the trick. It's not as fast as my Windows 10 cursor, but it's a big improvement over the non-scripted version. Thanks!
pablo

Post by pablo »

I just installed the latest version 3.39 and went to create a new TBWinPE recovery disc. I was going to add your BuildScript.cmd for mouse sensitivity when I noticed that you had added an option under Settings-->Build Options-->Mouse. The scale has 20 divisions and is set at the default 10.

This is new for v3.39, isn't it? And I no longer have to add the BuildScript.cmd if I use the slider you've provided?
Attachments
Mouse Speed_4.jpg
Mouse Speed_4.jpg (10.64 KiB) Viewed 3356 times
TeraByte Support(PP)

That's correct. It adjusts the same setting (you'd want the fastest). The mouse settings are also available in TBLauncher's Tools menu for adjusting when booted to TBWinPE/RE.
pablo

Post by pablo »

That's handy having the mouse setting available in TBLauncher's Tools menu. I see that it also adds an option to adjust the double-click speed, which is not available in the Recovery Boot Disk builder.
Thanks again for adding these changes to TBWinPE!
TeraByte Support(PP)

If you're using a high-resolution monitor/screen, it might also help to use a lower resolution or higher DPI in TBWinPE. Those affect the mouse too. Resolution can be changed with TBLauncher after booting if you need to play with it (only those available will be listed and may not match what Windows supports; may also vary depending on boot mode/method). Resolution and DPI can be changed when creating the build.