IFL without a Boot Disk results in Invalid or corrupt kernel

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Brian K

Re: IFL without a Boot Disk results in Invalid or corrupt ke

Post by Brian K »

Yesterday I deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro\iflsetup. Today I copied the iflsetup folder back into C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro. I ran the permissions script and then ran setupifl.bat as an Administrator.

I keep getting...

Could Not Find C:\WINDOWS\system32\iflnet.iso
Press any key to continue . . .
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

I assume you're running the script directly from Explorer. The current folder gets changed and it ends up looking in the wrong place (C:\Windows\System32). If you run it directly from an administration command prompt it should work. It may also be possible to run as a normal user with the changes you made (path wouldn't be changed).

You could add the following line to the start of the script to change the current path back. Put it after the "@echo off" line.

@echo off
cd %~dp0

Personally, I don't usually setup custom type builds in the installed folders since they can be a pain to work in. Much easier to just use normal folders. Also, files may get changed/replaced when new versions are installed (depending on what they are, of course).
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Paul,

100% pass mark.

@echo off
cd %~dp0

... made the script work.

1fb and 2fb both allowed IFL to open.
pimjoosten

Post by pimjoosten »

My apologies for my late reply.

I can confirm changing the batch file makes the script work. Thank you for changing the iflsetup.zip file to incorporate the cd %~dp0 command. Thanks also for making the frame buffer option default. I was about to suggest that, but you were ahead of me.

There is however a small error in the “Running Image for Linux Without a Boot Disk” how to with respect to the new iflsetup. In step 6 the path after set IFLDIR= should not be between “”, otherwise iflsetup.bat very quickly opens and closes but does not create anything. I use a different path than the default path, therefore I have to enter this path manually.

I have also tested running IFD without boot disk (https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto ... otfile.htm) and here the line cd %~dp0 should also inserted to setupifd.bat. I think it is a good idea to change the provided IFD boot file setup script archive too to include this line.

I have one last question: running IFL without a boot disk only works on an MBR drive. Am I correct in concluding that on a UEFI system with a GPT boot drive the only option to boot into a recovery environment without a boot disk is using TBWinPE/RE?