Issue: IFL 3.33 and User Scripts

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
puff-m-d

Issue: IFL 3.33 and User Scripts

Post by puff-m-d »

Hello,

First a bit of background information:
I use BootIt UEFI to multi-boot my system. I also use BootNow UEFI to speed up the booting process between my different bootable partitions. I have been doing this since both BootIt UEFI and BootNow UEFI were first released. I have been using BootNow UEFI within Windows, Linux, and IFL with total success. I give this information to clarify that it is very unlikely that I am doing something wrong.

The issue started with today's release of IFL 3.33 ( I use the 64 bit version). I created my boot media as normal (and yes, my BootNow UEFI scripts that I use are indeed in the IFL "scripts" folder when I make the media). I always then test the boot media to see if it does indeed boot and then copy it to its own bootable partition on my hard drive. That was all done with success. The issue is that once I am booted into IFL 3.33 and I try to display user scripts in order to use BootNow UEFI, IFL tells me that there are no user scripts available. I went through the process of recreating my boot media a second time to verify whether I may have inadvertently made a mistake but I ended up with the same issue, no user scripts available from within IFL.

I have been doing this for a long time now and have the routine down very well in creating the IFL boot media. Nothing has changed in my procedures except the new IFL 3.33 version that I used. Since I am almost 100 per cent sure that this issue is not due to user error, I can only assume that there is an issue/bug with the new IFL 3.33.

Can anyone report back whether they are seeing this same issue or not. It would be very much appreciated. I am at a loss at the moment as how to proceed to get user scripts within IFL working again. If any more information is needed, please do not hesitate to ask...
Brian K

Re: Issue: IFL 3.33 and User Scripts

Post by Brian K »

Kent,

How did you make your IFL UFD? From C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\IFL or from the downloaded IFL. I can't get the downloaded IFL to work (MakeDisk issue) but making the UFD from C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\IFL does work and my scripts are present.

I was able to remove...
mount -t efivarfs none /sys/firmware/efi/efivars

From...

#! /bin/sh
cd boot/scripts/bn
./bootnowu win10
puff-m-d

Post by puff-m-d »

Hello Brian,

I made the IFL UFD from the downloaded IFL 64 bit file (mainly because I thought you had to use the 64 bit version to be compatible with BootNow and the one in "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\IFL" is 32 bit. I had no issue with the creating the IFL UFD as you did from the downloaded IFL 64 bit as you did, only the user script issue.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

puff-m-d wrote:
> I made the IFL UFD from the downloaded IFL 64 bit file

That's what I've always done too.

TeraByte Support will let us know what is happening.
puff-m-d

Post by puff-m-d »

Hello Brian,

So is it OK to use the "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\IFL" and not have to download and use the 64 bit version of IFL?

About the scripts...
Here is an example of one that I am using:

#! /bin/sh
cd scripts
./bootnowu Windows 10 Pro

So "mount -t efivarfs none /sys/firmware/efi/efivars" is not needed, thus making the script:

#! /bin/sh
cd scripts
./bootnowu Windows 10 Pro

Is this correct?
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

puff-m-d wrote:
>
> So it is OK to use the "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image
> Backup and Restore Suite\IFL" and not have to download and use the 64
> bit version of IFL?

I guess so. The IFW Upgrade history says "Change to be packaged with IFL x64 version instead of IFL x86 version." IFL Upgrade History says "Changed startup to mount efivars as needed by mdadm."

, thus making the script:
>
> #! /bin/sh
> cd scripts
> ./bootnowu Windows 10 Pro
>
> Is this correct?

Yes, it works for me.
puff-m-d

Post by puff-m-d »

Hello Brian,

Brian K wrote:
> I guess so. The IFW Upgrade history says "Change to be packaged with IFL x64
> version instead of IFL x86 version."

I saw that too so I checked the hashes of the "config.zip" files in the IFL folders and they were different, so I assumed that the one in "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\IFL" was still 32 bit and I used the downloaded 64 bit version instead.

> Yes, it works for me.

Cool, I will change mine and give it a try whenever I get the user scripts to show up in IFL.
puff-m-d

Post by puff-m-d »

Hello,

I have tried the new re-downloaded versions (both the IFL version included in the suite installation and the separate IFL 64 bit zip download) and have the same results when trying to display my user scripts in IFL 3.33. I get the error: "No User Scripts On Boot Device". I can go back and create the boot media using the IFL 64 bit zip 3.32 version and all woks as expected and my user scripts are there. It seems that since I can get version 3.32 to work properly but version 3.33 does not, that there would be some issue or bug with version 3.33 on my system.

I am at a loss as how to proceed from here...

Is there a workaround possible by copying my "scripts" folder manually to my boot media? I do not know if that is possible or not but it could be a workaround until I can figure out how to solve this issue.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

Which IFL, GUI or CUI?

What option do you use in makedisk when building the boot media?

What option are you using to display user scripts?

Are you using scriptslist.txt or just placing scripts in scripts folder?

On 10/16/2019 9:56 AM, puff-m-d wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First a bit of background information:
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

So looks like "custom" option not copying it in. For now you can change
RAM=3 to RAM=1 in makedisk.cfg then build again.

On 10/16/2019 9:56 AM, puff-m-d wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First a bit of background information: