How to edit a job?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
bdemchak

How to edit a job?

Post by bdemchak »

Hi --

I have a backup job defined and scheduled:

"E:\Sysprog\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /uy /um /d:w1 /f:"J:\MThor\Backup-w1-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /vb /comp:2

How can I get the IFW v3.32 to load these parameters into the GUI editor so I can tweak them? When I start IFW GUI, I see that the source drive/partitions is not selected, and I have to guess what I selected last time. Given this, I'm also not sure that the rest of the checkboxes reflect what I actually defined/scheduled previously.

Any suggestions? ... or am I missing the point of the GUI?

Thanks.
TeraByte Support

Re: How to edit a job?

Post by TeraByte Support »

Settings, scheduled tasks tab.

On 10/7/2019 4:35 PM, bdemchak wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I have a backup job defined and scheduled:
>
> "E:\Sysprog\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /uy /um /d:w1 /f:"J:\MThor\Backup-w1-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$" /v /vb /comp:2
>
> How can I get the IFW v3.32 to load these parameters into the GUI editor so I can tweak them? When I start IFW GUI, I see that the source drive/partitions is not selected, and I have to guess what I selected last time. Given this, I'm also not sure that the rest of the checkboxes reflect what I actually defined/scheduled previously.
>
> Any suggestions? ... or am I missing the point of the GUI?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

bdemchak

Post by bdemchak »

Thank you.

I can certainly use the Scheduled Tasks tab to see what the command line would be. I also see the schedule and various scheduler settings in other tabs.

But that's not what I'm asking.

I want to use the GUI to tweak this task ... so far, it looks like I would need to see what each of the command line parameters are, then set them in the GUI, and *then* tweak them. This seems unreasonably tedious and pretty error prone.

So, is there a way to bring up a scheduled task in the GUI so I can tweak parameters ... like compression, using VSS, retaining failed backups, etc?

... or do I need to look the options up in the PDF manual and then add them manually to the scheduled command line?

Thanks.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

bdemchak wrote:

>
> So, is there a way to bring up a scheduled task in the GUI so I can tweak
> parameters ... like compression, using VSS, retaining failed backups, etc?
>

On the IFW Scheduled Tasks tab there is an Edit button.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

You can always delete it and create a new one through the wizard.

On 10/8/2019 2:46 PM, bdemchak wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> I can certainly use the Scheduled Tasks tab to see what the command line would be. I also see the schedule and various scheduler settings in other tabs.
>
> But that's not what I'm asking.
>
> I want to use the GUI to tweak this task ... so far, it looks like I would need to see what each of the command line parameters are, then set them in the GUI, and *then* tweak them. This seems unreasonably tedious and pretty error prone.
>
> So, is there a way to bring up a scheduled task in the GUI so I can tweak parameters ... like compression, using VSS, retaining failed backups, etc?
>
> ... or do I need to look the options up in the PDF manual and then add them manually to the scheduled command line?
>
> Thanks.
>
>