Attempting to run imagel

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
djh53

Attempting to run imagel

Post by djh53 »

Using Ubuntu 64-bit 18.04.2 LTS on an i3, 8Gb RAM, 4Tb WD HDD.

Install was fine (a big TY to Terabyte for the tech advisory giving the correct links for the required 32-bit libraries), but running imagel yields this message:

./imagel:
error while loading shared libraries:
libXcursor.so.1:
cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Attempting to run imagel

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Did that one get missed? It's the last one on the #1 GUI command line to run. If you just need that one, run:

sudo apt-get install libxcursor1:i386

Otherwise, make sure you ran all the required commands listed in the KB article for Ubuntu 18.04.
djh53

Post by djh53 »

Paul, I ran the command line you provided. It worked OK, so I re-booted and got the same error with ./imagel.

The only Ubuntu KB I can find is https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=279, which goes up to 15.0.4. If there's a later version, please send a link.

I also tried running a modified command line, changing libxcursor to libXcursor. No joy.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

djh53

Post by djh53 »

TY, Paul. I went through the installation process outlined in KB566 again and got the same error. This time, the install advised that zlib1g:i386 was also required (it's not mentioned in KB566). I installed it, but to no effect.

I also tried removing, then re-installing, the libpng12....deb package. Again, same error.

Several months ago, I had no trouble getting Image for Linux to work on Mint 19, which appears to use the same parameters Ubuntu 18.04 requires. I can revert to Mint 19 if necessary; it's not a big deal.
djh53

Post by djh53 »

Paul, all good now. I used Synaptic to uninstall the lot, then re-installed. Worked perfectly. Had to be operator error.