Batch file issues with Windows Task Scheduler

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
bbearren

Batch file issues with Windows Task Scheduler

Post by bbearren »

I have 3 partitions I backup weekly with full images. I use the IFW script captured from the UI, then modify it using the scripting language to target a particular drive and subfolder, create a new sub-subfolder, then create the image. Each batch file is virtually identical except for the drive being imaged. I used to be able to use a simple batch file to "call" the three batch files, and that worked fine.
Sometime in Windows 1809 or one of the IFW updates, the "call" stopped working, so I wrote a new script that does work. I'm just curious as to whether it's Windows 10 1809 or the latest version of IFW that caused to issue of no "call" function. Also, "Start "" " in the script causes it not to work, either. Here is the script I now use:

"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w4@0x3 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Win10ProA\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Win10ProA" /vb
"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w5@0x2 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Prog10A\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Prog10A" /vb
"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w3@0x2 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Users10A\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Users10A" /vb

As I said, this works fine, and I can watch it via Task Manager. It runs quickly and exits after all three image files are created. I'm just curious about the changes.