TBWinPE Disk Will Not Boot

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
pablo

TBWinPE Disk Will Not Boot

Post by pablo »

After installing v3.28, I burned some updated TBWinPE disks for my Windows 10 Pro desktop using Win10 ADK for build 1809. The 64-bit version boots just fine, but the 32-bit disk will not boot. It boots to Windows every time. Both ISOs completed successfully and the MakeDisk utility announced "Success" after validation.

Thinking that the CD-RW might be the problem, I overwrote the 32-bit disc with the 64-bit version. It then booted without issue. My DVD-ROM is the first device in the BIOS boot order.

Why won't the 32-bit disc boot?
Brian K

Re: TBWinPE Disk Will Not Boot

Post by Brian K »

pablo,

Is your system set up for UEFI boot? CSM disabled, Secure Boot enabled?
pablo

Post by pablo »

Yes, CSM is disabled and Secure Boot is enabled. Boot Mode = UEFI Only
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

To boot a 32-bit item you need CSM enabled, Secure Boot disabled. Boot the item from the BIOS boot menu and don't choose the UEFI item. (You will probably see two entries)
pablo

Post by pablo »

Thanks, that worked.
Enabling CSM in the BIOS automatically disabled Secure Boot. The 32 bit TBWinPE disc booted directly from a restart without having to deal with the boot menu.

I like the 32 bit version because it boots faster than the 64 bit. On my old computer, it was over a minute quicker. Now, on my new Lenovo, the difference is less than 30 seconds, so I'll probably just use the 64 bit disc from now on. I never noticed any user differences between the two versions.