Image for Linux V3.25 Hibernation Warning

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Bill

Image for Linux V3.25 Hibernation Warning

Post by Bill »

I created a bootable USB with IFL on it and entered my BootIt UEFI license number when creating it. I then restarted my computer to check if it was successfully made. It started up okay, but when I clicked on Partition Work, I got a warning the system was in a hibernated state. :o It wasn't, of course. I searched the forum and found a couple other instances of that reported, but I didn't see it about v. 3.25. The conclusion seems to be that you can get false warnings. I do use hibernate, but not fast startup. Just thought I would point this out. ;)
Bill

Re: Image for Linux V3.25 Hibernation Warning

Post by Bill »

Maybe it was hibernated. It is a Dell XPS 8930. I had unchecked Fast Startup and shut it down, but a while later the power light started slowly flashing. When I pressed it, the computer started so fast that I thought it was in standby, but how it got there, I don't know. As it turned out, I rebuilt my flash drive with BootIt UEFI and IF UEFI and tried that out. I got the same warning, even though I verified that Fast Startup was off and that the computer was shutdown, not put into hibernate or standby.