make bootable flash drive

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
errolgreer

make bootable flash drive

Post by errolgreer »

I have Image for Windows, including Image for Dos on a bootable CD. I have a laptop with no CD drive. How can I transfer the app to my bootable flash drive?
Bob Coleman

Re: make bootable flash drive

Post by Bob Coleman »

errolgreer:

Presumably you used Makedisk to create the bootable CD containing IFD. Simplest thing is probably to use Makedisk again and put IFD on the USB flash drive instead of a CD.
errolgreer

Post by errolgreer »

When I ran Makedisk it offered 3 choices. I chose Terabyte OSD Tool(Windows Version). I selected the USB drive. In the USB Layout field, there was a default mode - Normal- Raw Boot Image. I selected Finish. (The other choices were No Partition - FAT/FAT32 Volume; Partition - MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition; Partition - MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition (Int13 Extension); Partition MBR UEFI System Partition; GPT UEFI System Partition. After "Finish" It created the image - HOWEVER, when I tried to boot, it said that the boot device needed UEFI enabled to function and to check my system settings. So I wend into BIOS setup and under BOOT, I selected "Enable UEFI MODE" and saved this setting. HOWEVER, when I tried to boot again, it said the same thing. So I checked the BIOS again, and UEFI was still enabled.

Should I have chosen one of the other modes, - not the Raw boot image one??

Please help!!
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

I probably didn't pay enough attention. I thought (assumed?) you were talking about IFD on a CD or flash drive. I've never put Terabyte OSD Tool on a CD or flash drive and am completely out of my league now.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

errolgreer wrote:

> Should I have chosen one of the other modes, - not the Raw boot image one??
>
>

errolgreer,

Use...

Partition - MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition
Default - Use Device

Is your BIOS in the correct mode?