Modify Windows TitleBar

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
tas3086

Modify Windows TitleBar

Post by tas3086 »

Future Improvement Suggestion:

I have an automated background procedure that does image operations nightly. Occasionally Phylock hangs, and it is not possible to determine which operation or what disk is involved. (See attached image)

Would it be possible to add some text into the windows titlebar, or other screen text in your screen panel that gives a little more information as to what is happening, and where the delay may be happening. Personally I'd just like you to add a TITLE Keyword that I could place whatever I wanted in it, and have you show it wherever you can !!
Attachments
sample screenshot
sample screenshot
Capture.JPG (48.4 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Modify Windows TitleBar

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You could use log level 10 (/logl:10, or LogLevel=10 in INI file) so it writes the log out as it goes instead of at the end of the operation. You could check the log when it hangs (or takes a long time) and see which backup/disks are involved.
tas3086

Re: Modify Windows TitleBar

Post by tas3086 »

Yes, I could also run my script in foreground, and have it indicate which terabyte operation I was preforming. Just nice to have it all in one organized place.

It is interesting that the very next screen after phylock continues, terabyte Imagew shows the complete details of the operation to be accomplished and its status. How about displaying that same information in addition as part of the phylock process?

thanks for your quick reply, no need to respond here as it is just a suggestion ....