IFL - Cannot make 'registered' Boot CD

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
powhyfo

IFL - Cannot make 'registered' Boot CD

Post by powhyfo »

I have run ./setup, entered company name & number, used K3b to burn the custom and regular .iso files and I get bootable CDs that prompt me for user name & reg number every time.
How does one create a bootable CD for IFL within Linux?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: IFL - Cannot make 'registered' Boot CD

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The setup script configures the IFL files in the running Linux. To create IFL boot media or a custom build you would run the iflbuild script. The license details would be copied into the custom build from the installed version. For example, to create the ISO file version, run iflbuild and select the "Run makeISO to create a custom ISO file" option.
powhyfo

Post by powhyfo »

Interesting. I now have four bootable, runable CDs of Imager 3.10 that require me to supply name & number to continue.

Given that I cannot run this newest version on a 64 bit OS (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/vi ... f=4&t=2619) it is a real PITA to reboot from a CD and enter my info in order to back up my system.

It looks like I will be chalking my 3.10 purchase up to experience and looking for another image solution.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You can create the IFL boot media ISO file while booted to IFL. This just requires having the IFL download zip file available. See KB article (Zip File Mode): http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=545

Have you verified that the ifl.ini file in the IFL install folder contains the license information? Also, the BOOTITBM.INI/BOOTITBM-CUSTOM.INI files if using partwork. I assume if you boot your media that no license details on in the files?

I have created test ISO files with both the CUI and GUI versions of IFL in PCLOS 2017 64-bit and they were successful (no license prompts when booted). Can you provide any more details on any steps you're doing?

The defaults work in most cases. For example, using the IFL GUI install:
1. Open a terminal and switch to root mode.
2. Change to the folder where IFL is installed (where you ran the 'setup' script).
3. Run the 'iflbuild' script.
4. Select the "Run makeISO to create custom ISO file" option.
5. Select the "Full Version with network support" option.
6. On the next screen (IFL BOOT MEDIA SETTINGS) don't change anything.
7. Select the "Finished/Exit Menu" option.
8. Option 2: Press <Enter> to retain default console login not required.
9. Option 3: Press <Enter> to retain default root password.

From that point the script will create the ISO file. Messages will be displayed. Can you provide the output you see for your build? An example is below:

Building custom full version with network support
Copying ifl-custom.ini to the root filesystem as ifl.ini
Copying config.txt to the root filesystem
Copying wireless/firmware directory to the root filesystem
Copying iscsi directory to the root filesystem
Copying tbosdtfiles directory to the root filesystem
Copying BOOTITBM-CUSTOM.INI to the root filesystem as BOOTITBM.INI
Boot Media language version is English (default)
Restore Disc language version is English (default)
Recompressing the root filesystem...please wait
208292 blocks
Creating iflnet-custom.iso

Build of iflnet-custom.iso is complete
The file iflnet-custom.iso can now be burned to CD/DVD

Note that burning the ISO file is also an option in the 'iflbuild' script. The iflnet-custom.iso file (in this example) is the file you would burn.