Does IFW v3.x Still Include IFD, IFL and IFU?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Radish

Does IFW v3.x Still Include IFD, IFL and IFU?

Post by Radish »

I've saved up my pennies and can now upgrade from IFW v2.99 to IFW v3.x.

However, on looking at the information on the TeraByte website the following isn't made clear in any way: Does a purchase of IFW v3.x still include the components necessary to burn boot-disks of IFD, IFL and IFU?

Reason I'm asking is that though I'm on a Windows system I much prefer the IFL boot-disk as mouse control works flawlessly with it. (In IFD, at least the last time I used it, now years ago, mouse support hardly ever worked for me - so I switched to IFL.)
George

Re: Does IFW v3.x Still Include IFD, IFL and IFU?

Post by George »

Radish,
Don't forget that as a v2 user of the IFx suite, you can get the v3
suite for a discounted price. To get that price, follow this link:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=611

Sorry, I can't definitively answer your question about making boot disks
of the products in question. I have a separate Debian partition that I
use to run IFL to back up my drives. I also burn the installed IFL iso
to CD so I can back up laptops to external drives.

--
George
---
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and
Those who don't.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

IFW includes IFD, IFL, and IFU. For IFD and IFL, both the CUI and GUI versions are available and also available as separate downloads from your account.
Radish

Post by Radish »

Thanks for the replies, I went ahead and made the purchase anyway.

The purchase was a bit strange at the end because I was given a download link by "SWREG Digital River". Thinking that was how I had do an initial download on a new purchase I downloaded from the link provided. Boy, it was slow - took about fifty minutes to download (no kidding, I timed it). Once it was downloaded I extracted the files from the zip and had a look at the properties of the file. From there it said that the version downloaded was 3.05 (i.e. not the current 3.06 version). Mmm...

Anyway, then went to TeraByte website and signed in using my new purchase details. Downloaded 3.06 in a few seconds and installed. Happy now.

Someone at TeraByte needs to have talk with Digital River about their download speed and about not having the latest version as the available download from the link they provide. Personally I would have thought it better if Digital River just gave the download location as at the TeraByte website and tell people to log in with their purchase details and download from there.