How to add apps to WinRE TBlauncher?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Yottabytes

How to add apps to WinRE TBlauncher?

Post by Yottabytes »

I'd like to add a file manager like XYplorer or Free Commander as well as a drive partition utility.
Brian K

Re: How to add apps to WinRE TBlauncher?

Post by Brian K »

Yottabytes wrote:
> I'd like to add a file manager like XYplorer or Free Commander as well as a
> drive partition utility.

Yottabytes,

I use these File Managers provided by the A43 developer. They work better than A43 in a WinPE. They work better than his A56 File Manager.

http://vault32.com/a43/download/FileManagers.zip

For example, put the x64 folder (you just downloaded it) in the TBWinRE TBData folder. Put this in TBLauncher.ini

[Menu_Item_11]
Name=x64 File Manager
Path=%TBDrive%\TBData\x64\FileManagerPE.exe
WorkingDir=
Parameters=
Icon=0
Yottabytes

Post by Yottabytes »

@Brian K.
Very nice!! :D :D Many thanks for the quick response.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Yottabytes,

For a partitioning app in TBWinRE, TBOSDT Pro is excellent. See page 11 onwards in the userguide.
Yottabytes

Post by Yottabytes »

Is TBLauncher.ini copied to the boot media because I don't see it. I edited the TBLauncher.ini in the IFW-Create Recovery Boot Disk wizard as instructed and put the File Manger x64 folder in the right place and created my USB boot disk (by the way I am multibooting on the USB if that makes a difference, with Partition Magic the other .iso choice). But there is no new entry in TBLauncher once I boot, (although I can manually navigate to the TBData directory on the boot disk and launch it from there. What am I doing wrong?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Make sure you're adding apps of the correct architecture (x86/x64) for the build being created. TBWinRE is almost always going to be x64. If you want the flexibility of x86 (32-bit) then you'd need to create a TBWinPE build instead. Keep in mind that WinPE is very limited compared to normal Windows -- a lot of programs don't run or don't function fully.

When adding the item to TBLauncher.ini you also need to adjust the "ItemCount" value in the [Menu] section so it will see the new item. Make sure you're editing the correct TBLauncher.ini file. If you're using Builder the correct file is in the "config" folder. You can easily access it by running Builder, going to Settings, TBLauncher tab, and clicking the "Edit TBLauncher.ini" link at the bottom.

Using the %TBDrive% environment variable in TBLauncher.ini requires that you also enable the option for TBLauncher to search for the boot media. One nice thing about doing it this way is that you can update the programs without having to recreate the build. If you prefer to include them in the build (so they show up on X: when booted) that's also possible.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Yottabytes wrote:
> Is TBLauncher.ini copied to the boot media because I don't see it.

It is copied into the build -- you wouldn't normally see it. If you want more flexibility in configuring it without needing to recreate the build, you can also place a copy in the TBData folder. If the "search for boot media" option is enabled TBLauncher will use the TBLauncher.ini file located there instead of the one included in the build.