accolades for TBi imaging products on grc.com

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
a1pcfixer

accolades for TBi imaging products on grc.com

Post by a1pcfixer »

Fwiw;

Over on Steve Gibson's grc.com newsgroups (news.grc.com) in their Techtalk msg section,
several posters responding to a poster's request on imaging tools, have given great accolades for
TeraByte's imaging programs!

I think one time even Steve himself claimed to use TBi imaging programs!
When your good, word gets around.

Subject: Hard Drive Imaging

news.grc.com (techtalk)
TeraByte Support

Re: accolades for TBi imaging products on grc.com

Post by TeraByte Support »

Thanks for the information.

"a1pcfixer" wrote in message news:270@public.image...

Fwiw;

Over on Steve Gibson's grc.com newsgroups
([b:t6w1ze1s]news.grc.com[/b:t6w1ze1s]) in their
[b:t6w1ze1s]Techtalk[/b:t6w1ze1s] msg section,
several posters responding to a poster's request on imaging tools, have
given great accolades for
TeraByte's imaging programs!

I think one time even Steve himself claimed to use TBi imaging programs!
When your good, word gets around.

[b:t6w1ze1s]Subject: Hard Drive Imaging[/b:t6w1ze1s]

[b:t6w1ze1s]news.grc.com (techtalk)[/b:t6w1ze1s]

martyfelker

Re: accolades for TBi imaging products on grc.com

Post by martyfelker »

IFL "saved my bacon" - or at least recovered from a stupid Linux command I made. I have 3 distors (Ubuntu11.10 beta), Fedora 17 Rawhide) and Sabayon 6) on 3 LV's on 1 LG volume (I called the LG Linux the LV are Ubuntu Fedora and Sabayon - naturally). Anyway I was mounting Fedora and Sabayon on two s /media/Fedora and /media/Fedora under Ubuntu For some reason (it was about 2 AM) I decided to change the ownership of these directories to my user id from root. Bad mistake. I could not use sudo under Fedora (sertuid problem - not correctable from recovey boot) and Sabayon would not even come up with the GUI (infamous ICEAuthority problem) . But before this had happened I made an Image of all 3 LV - using the IFL GUI itself - the command line directions in the reread-me were way to complex for me. Worked great to Image them to another volume on an extended partition on drive 2. Did a restore after this self made disaster and everything was OK. I've been using TB imaging since 2008 and its the best investment in software I ever made! You can use this as a testimonial for sure. If Gibson does use your products its high praise indeed.

Marty