Re: W8 Corruption.

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Next Generation
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

Per another thread I had about a new slate (Exopc) that I just got last week, I have WIn8 and Win7 dual booting, using the Graphical OS Chooser that Win8 has, and I haven't noted any problems with corruption of "the other" partition?

When I got the slate, it had the page file/swap disk for both the Win8 and Win7 both were configured for "system managed" or "automatically manage paging file for all drives", but I configured each of Win8 and Win7 to use a fixed size page file on their own C: drive. I wonder if that could be the reason for the "corruption" mentioned in the original subject?

Jim
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

I was just doing some googling, and found this thread that mentions that hybrid shutdown thing. I noticed the last post on 4/12, that you don't see Hybrid Boot unless hibernation is enabled. I always disable hibernation on my Win7 systems, and I think that I did so on this new machine, which may also explain why I haven't encountered the Win8 corruption problems?

Jim

ohaya wrote:Hi,

Per another thread I had about a new slate (Exopc) that I just got last week, I have WIn8 and Win7 dual booting, using the Graphical OS Chooser that Win8 has, and I haven't noted any problems with corruption of "the other" partition?

When I got the slate, it had the page file/swap disk for both the Win8 and Win7 both were configured for "system managed" or "automatically manage paging file for all drives", but I configured each of Win8 and Win7 to use a fixed size page file on their own C: drive. I wonder if that could be the reason for the "corruption" mentioned in the original subject?

Jim